Our members’ safety is - and always will be - the very top priority in everything the Florida Council does. With growing dangers associated with the Coronavirus, now that it surfaced on American soil, we received information from the Association for Professionals in Infection Control (APIC) about this issue. The Florida Council works with APIC chapters throughout our state for our construction ICRA program and we trust their judgement on this matter. Please take a moment and carefully read this information and pass it on to your family and friends. Thank you - EST Banks.
What can I do to prevent getting sick from COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Don't touch your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are showing symptoms of illness.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Cover your cough or sneezes with a tissue or sneeze into your elbow. Throw the tissue in the garbage and make sure to clean your hands afterwards.
• Stay home when you are sick.
This is just a small section of the excellent information regarding Coronavirus that APIC has released. Please click here to read more about this virus and how to protect yourself.